Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ellie Gonsalves


There are some people who come into our lives and really touch our heart with their positivity and inspiration. Ellie is one of those people. At only 19 years of age Ellie has a wisdom in her face that is true and kind. It really is a direct reflection of what is inside. This model profile was my very first model profile but I had not actually put it on my blog, I only had it on my facebook. Silly me! 
Ellie's kind heart and positive ways are such an inspiration that there was no way I was going to hide this model profile any longer! Ellie has worked for many big brands! From Jetpilot to Lorna Jane to Price Attack, she has done it all! She is currently the face of a number of campaigns including Auzrun, Veve Swimwear and Running Bare's Go Pink campaign for Breast Cancer Research. 

I hope you love Ellie's interview as much as I do! Enjoy!


Name:
Ellie Gonsalves

Star Sign:
Aquarius – The water bearer. Sun sign: Air

How did you first get into modelling?
I was first scouted in the city at the age of 13 by my current agency – However I have always been a true believer in taking ACTION on the things I want to achieve in life, and having said that I have found my career has really taken off in the past year or so since I really started going out and generating work myself.. It’s all about taking action and not waiting around for someone else to make the things you want in life happen.


What has your favorite job been so far?
It is really difficult to say what my FAVOURITE project has been so far, I have had the opportunity to be associated with some outstanding companies like Lorna Jane, JetPilot, Veve Swimwear, and Price Attack. Most of them who I’m currently still working with…They have all been so fantastic to work with. But one project I have been involved with that I feel extremely passionate about is called “The Aussie Angels” I love being involved with helping people and BEING the change I want to see in the world -  SO we drew inspiration from the Victorias Secret runway show and created outfits that best suited our personalities with the breast cancer symbols and shot this concept to support the Breast Cancer Foundation. The final images will be signed by the 4 of us Aussie Angels (Danielle Marie Bourke, Lexi Carlin, Emma Ceolin and ME) and auctioned off in the Breast Cancer PINK week - Personally I don't think we could have picked a more appropriate week and foundation that suited such an amazing concept like The Aussie Angels! This has never been done before and I am SO excited to be apart of it.

Who is your inspiration and why?
I have looked up to Miranda Kerr for years, not only in the modeling aspect but her outlook on health and fitness, positivity and the drive she has to succeed in whatever she does. I think it is also extremely important to be surrounded by positive people who support you through whatever decision and direction you choose to go. All of the people I surround myself with are also my inspiration, because they have helped create an environment that has helped me pursue my life goals.



Where do you see yourself in five years?
On the glittery Victoria’s Secret runway with my angel wings..



If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
I have been fortunate enough to have travelled quite a bit growing up but one of the places on my “101 things to do before I die” goal list is to be in Monaco for the F1.



Favorite book?
I don’t have just ONE! I have numerous for different aspects of my life –
The book I get my drive and determination from?
- The Secret written by Rhonda Byrne
The book I read on humor, educates on animal awareness and health?
- Skinny B**ch written by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin
The book that educates me on my health and fitness?
-          How to get FAT and HOW NOT TO written by Kerry and & Rowena McEvoy.
The book I read on FASHION?
                - That Extra Half an Inch written by Victoria Beckham



Favorite movie?

I am completely in LOVE with horror movies – Looking at me you SO wouldn’t think it, but I grew up watching the ‘Alien’ sequels with my dad, riding horses, and playing in the mud… A total tomboy growing up!

What is your favorite type of exercise?
I very strongly believe in maintaining my health and fitness. I love being able to enjoy healthy eating, working out and the way that it makes me feel everyday. Being healthy is not just an activity I do every once in a blue moon, but a priority I am dedicated to everyday. By choosing the right foods, the skincare that works for me, practicing yoga, and keeping fit on a exercise plan created for my own needs ensures I have LOTS of energy and I'm able to stay in shape, despite what my schedule might be or where I am! This is probably why I have a hard choice of choosing anything in particular!


Three things you cant live without?
I couldn’t live without my wonderful supportive partner Ross and my beautiful family – They have been my driving force to go out and achieve everything I desire in life without them I wouldn’t be the person I am today… AND my dreams board - A dreams board is a canvas you place up somewhere you look everyday.. In your office, bedroom or bathroom. It has photos of all the things you want to have in your lifetime…

What is your biggest indulgence?
When it comes to indulging, I go by the 80:20 rule. Eighty percent of the time I eat food that is highly nutritious and basically what I believe to be 'the essentials' for my body. The remaining 20 percent is the area I grant myself the occasion to treat myself to the things I could not go without- Like Blue Smokes famous spicy Buffalo Wings!



Your favorite designer label?
My favorite designer is Alex Perry – Being an Aussie girl I have grown up with Alex Perry around me. The garments fit my figure so well and they are so beautifully created and so out there.


Any advice for the women of the world?
Growing up I have come to find people around me are so afraid of not 'fitting in'.. I think sometimes it takes a little bit of time for you to grow and actually SEE and accept that it is your difference that MAKES a difference in this world... Your passion, image, drive, or positivity that inspires others around you. While everyone around you is complaining about the gloomy weather or their gloomy circumstances are you the person that looks for the rainbow and the brighter future? I have come to believe that being yourself in a world constantly trying to change you is the biggest accomplishment of all… and it is MORE THAN OK TO BE DIFFERENT! Embrace it, live it and love it – it is you and there is no one out there LIKE you!



Anything you want to add?
I want to leave you with one of my favorite quotes that inspires me everyday to be the best I can possibly be - “If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can BECOME it.” 


Go to Ellie's website to view her portfolio of stunning work, her Blog and make sure you check out her "Greatest Inspiration"!

Also become a fan on Facebook to stay up to date with all of her amazing travels, blogs and inspirational work!







Stay fabulous!





No comments:

Post a Comment